A vegetarian / vegan bed & breakfast house at ‘The Ferns’, 32 Station Road, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 7EN
- ‘The Ferns’ started life in the Georgian period & later it became an inn - ‘The Dog and Partridge’. Later still, a Victorian front was added. We are situated on Station Road, which is about 5 minutes walk from the town centre. The house retains many period features, but is furnished to modern taste.
- You will find a warm & comfy bed and a selection of vegetarian breakfasts , which will appeal to both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Your double room overlooks the back garden and is very quiet. It has a proper en suite shower room with complimentary toiletries.There are tea & coffee making facilities.
- We are near to National Cycle Route 5 (Stafford) and 45 (Telford/Ironbridge).
- Free WiFi is available.
- We have a large town garden where you can relax if you wish.
- Sorry – no pets, and no smoking in the house.
- Newport is an ideal location for visiting both Shropshire and Staffordshire; it being only 1 mile from the Staffs border. We welcome individuals, couples or families – whether you are on holiday or visiting the Newport area on business: for example Harper Adams University College (see Events Calendar), Lilleshall National Sports Centres for Archery GB, British Gymnastics and the English Institute of Sport or Adams Grammar School and Old Novaportans events. We are 30 minutes from the world-famous first iron bridge in the world.
- We are in a central location in our historic market town. Here is a Map of our location. Newport is midway between Stafford and Telford on the crossroads between the A41 and A518. Train stations are at Stafford and Telford. Buses run every half an hour to both of these towns and the bus stop is about 200 yards away.
We are featured in Vegetarian Vacations Directory
and linked with Bicycle Beano Veggie Cycling Holidays